Monday, June 1, 2009

Why I started this bog.

I've been wanting to start this blog for a long time. I have several friends and alot of family members who are suffering from illness similar to mine.

On my journey through this MYSTERY illness, I realized there was a bigger picture to my problems that didn't start with my current symptoms. They started at childhood and continued to worsen until my body could take no more. At first I thought I had severe allergies, then an "environmental illness".  I was already suffering from sever anxiety, panic, post traumatic stress and agoraphobia. I reached a point I would barely even leave my house and the panic attacks worsened until I ended up in the hospital ER with adrenal exhaustion. The first hospital visit was from severe panic and the second one was from severe withdrawals from Ativan and Paxil I had been given at the previous hospital excursion. Having been to doctor after Doctor with no findings and reasoning for my nightly episodes of falling out of consciousness and waking up gasping for air, the hospital's finding were the same. I was prescribed Ativan for the anxiety and panic and immediately calmed down from the terrible withdrawals. Later I was prescribed Trileptal for Bi-polar and was also diagnosed with social phobia, ADHD, Post traumatic stress syndrom, and PMS. Later I was diagnosed with failure to thrive and toxicity to the brain. My body was shutting itself down by rejecting food, water and sleep. The medications worked miracles and I was able to eat almost anything I wanted, I was able to get up from bed rest and do a few household chores. I was calm most of the time, which to my husband this was an absolute miracle. I was no longer almost blacking out and felt a lot better, with exceptions of unnecessary medication changes and the usual ups and downs of PMS. There are so many helpful resources and information that has made my road to recovery much easier. I hope those suffering as I have can find my upcoming posts helpful and healing. You are not alone!

With much concern for those I love and for all who know what it's like to be down and out, healing is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment